Thursday, December 1, 2011

What is your favorite fruits?

I must admit that I am crazy over FRUITS!!! I can't live without them because they are my best friends. My favorite fruits are strawberries, mangoes, avcoadoes, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, grapes, oranges, apples and more....I don't like papaya fruit...but I found out that it is good benefits.

Its said "“Papaya” is recommended to be one such pick from the group of Yellow and orange fruits, which promises abundant health benefits. It is a melon like fruit with yellow- orange flesh with dozens of small black seeds enclosed in skin that ranges in color from green to orange.Papaya has high nutritional benefits. It is rich in Anti-oxidants, the B vitamins, folate and pantothenic acid; and the minerals, potassium and magnesium; and fiber. Together, “these nutrients promote the health of the cardiovascular system and also provide protection against colon cancer.” In addition, papaya contains the digestive enzyme, papain, which is used like bromelain, a similar enzyme found in pineapple, to treat sports injuries, other causes of trauma, and allergies. Vitamin C and vitamin A, which is made in the body from the beta-carotene in papaya, are both needed for the proper function of a healthy immune system. Papaya may therefore be a healthy fruit choice for preventing such illnesses as recurrent ear infections, colds and flu.

link: http://www.gurumaa.com/content/papaya-a-powerhouse-of-nutrients.html

3 comments:

  1. Good job!! Thanks for having the website for us to learn and health and nutrition.
    Yes, Papaya is the best medicine for everything.
    Smile*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yolette, Yes i agree with you. I will try to eat it. It tastes so funny and bitter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. really i didnt know that thank u for sharing that

    ReplyDelete